Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Well, friends, part of this whole time management thing is narrowing my life down to the essentials; to those things that edify me most and encourage me to strive for the unattainable perfection of holiness. I am thankful for each of you and this encouraging blog. I look forward to the next several months on this journey with all of you.

Unfortunately, my appearance at small group may be a rare thing. I hope none of you take offense, but I need to do what is best for me at the moment. Yes, I will still be at church and yes, I will still have wonderful fellowship with my first small group, too. Sometimes pruning is necessary for a plant to grow...

Another thing I am cutting out of my personal research projects (yes, I do research outside of school. Sick, I know). I get too wrapped up in them and can spend days at a time away from my friends and family. Aside from my intense curiosity and interest in the world around me, I think I use learning as a way to feel okay, to feel accomplished, and to distract myself from feelings of inferiority. May I rest in the confidence of Christ, alone.

On the plus side, I've been very committed to the gym and I have so much more energy to do what I need to get done during the day. I am also starting to choose things like organization and cleaning over watching mindless tv shows. I doubt that I will cut out tv entirely, but I will choose to watch only my favorite shows and only when other things are done.

I like the new life Christ is forming in me...

No comments: