Monday, June 9, 2008

Wartime Sacrifices

This past week, I have wrestled many times with what my "wartime sacrifice" would be; how I would sacrifice something of myself for the good of others and the furthering of the Kingdom. I thought I would sacrifice my money. It seemed reasonable, but too safe. I am already skilled at managing my finances.

Then I looked around at my messy room, my disorganized cabinets, my to do list, my planner...and I realized that the hardest sacrifice for me is time. I don't know how to manage it well, but I am starting tonight by commiting to this blog, which will hold me accountable over the next six months.

Right now, I am not sure what needs to be changed in my life. I imagine that House, and Lost, and The Office will fade from my awareness to be replaced with more and deeper and richer relationships. I hope that mindlessly surfing the net will be replaced with searching the depths of the wisdom and love of our Messiah. Perhaps even procrastination, my dear friend and deceitful foe, will be replaced with integrity in responsibility.

It's a lofty goal, but the best place I know where to start is prayer. So, I gotta go talk to Jesus, but I'll fill you in on the details tomorrow.

p.s. is this where I post? I hope so because I couldn't figure out how to post under my name.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

A very challenging post, Kelly... I'm thinking of my messy room and closet, the countless time I also spend wasted on tv and internet, and how much more I could be giving the Father than money. Thanks for this.